Scentinel Nose Work Dog Training
Offers Free “Nose Work Classes with Primary” to Returning Veterans and Their Dogs
The classes will run at my Training Locations in either Sudbury, MA or Littleton, MA.
Scentinel Nose Work Dog Training would like to thank all Veterans, including their canine warriors, and their families, for their service and for all of their sacrifices on our behalf. I know we speak for many people that deeply appreciate all of your efforts. And, one way that some of detection dog trainers would like to show our appreciation is to offer free “Nose Work Classes with Primary” to Returning Veterans with Dogs. K9 Nose Work® classes have enriched the lives of so many civilian handlers and their dogs and we believe that this training could be very beneficial to Returning Veterans as well.
And so, I, being one of over 70 K9 Nose Work® Instructors and Professional Detection Dog Trainers located all over the United States and Canada, am willing to offer free “Nose Work Classes with Primary” to Returning Veterans with dogs. A “Position Statement” that best describes this Offer has been uploaded to the “FILES” section of a Facebook Open Group called “K9 Nose Work for Returning Veterans (“K9NW4RV”). Please visit the K9NW4RV Open FB Group and ask to become a member. In the K9NW4RV Open FB Group, you can also watch several videos that demonstrate the type of training you would receive.
Additionally, please click on the “FILES” of the K9NW4RV Open FB Group for a document listing other Trainers who are offering free classes to Returning Veterans. Click on the document with the most recent date stored in the “FILES.”
Each Returning Veteran would work with me once a week for approximately twelve weeks. For dates, times and additional information, please email me at K9NW4RV@gmail.com.
Why support this free program and why take “Nose Work Classes with Primary?”
- K9 Nose Work is a fun activity and sport that anyone can enjoy with their dog.
- EVERY dog already knows how to do it! They were born knowing how! We provide puzzles for them to learn how to solve more efficiently and we learn how to read our dog’s behavior.
- Dogs who are blind, deaf, snub-nosed, long-nosed, tall, short, old, young, on special diets, using wheels, walking on less than four-legs, has behavioral anomalies (though some special conditions may apply) . . . they can all benefit from K9 Nose Work.
- NO prior dog training or formal obedience training is required, on the part of the dog or the handler! We don’t use clickers or other training aides. The dog’s nose leads the way!
- Provides a dog with an activity that promotes a dog having control over their environment and the ability to act autonomously. This is a tremendous and powerful experience for dogs and they absolutely LOVE it!
- It strengthens bonds between handlers and dogs.
- It is an enrichment activity, for both dogs and handlers, that engages not only the mind but the body as well.
- We believe it provides a significant psychological benefit to both people and dogs who engage in the activity.
- You can have fun doing it almost anywhere.
- It can help dogs struggling with shy, fearful, or reactive behavior.
- It gives busy dogs a place to ‘be busy’ and tire themselves out!
- It helps people get out and get moving by spending time with other enthusiastic folks.
- Because vehicle and luggage searches are just very, very cool!
These Classes will be a safe zone and will at all times be a judgment free zone, focused on having fun while forging relationships between people and fostering teamwork between handlers and dogs. We do not discriminate — all breeds are welcome!
I hope we will see you in Class one day. If we can help even one soldier feel better about themselves, then the almost 70 of us are willing to make this happen. We stand ready to help.
Thank you again for your service.